MaryFatimah Weening holds a Masters in Oriental Medicine, is a Pennsylvania-licensed Acupuncturist, nationally board-certified, and trained in the classical tradition of Five Element Acupuncture.
She was born and raised in Philadelphia and attended Smith College where she graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa. Her own life-changing experiences with Acupuncture and Eastern therapies inspired her to return to school to study Oriental Medicine, and she received her Master of Acupuncture degree from Maryland University of Integrative Health. She has continued her post-graduate studies with world-renowned practitioners of Chinese Medicine, and continues to learn from and be inspired by master practitioners such as Dr. Jeffrey Yuen and Kiiko Matsumoto.
Her passion for learning about different cultures has led her to live and study in a multitude of countries including Peru, Costa Rica, Italy, France, and, in 2017, China. Spending time in nature has always been a great teacher for her. Some of her favorite experiences in nature include living in a geodesic dome on the Oregon coast for one year, and solo camping on a tiny in Maine. She is also passionate about art, painting, and spending time with her sweet puppy, Percy.
Her work as an acupuncturist stems from the desire to help patients heal and establish meaningful change in their lives. Now in her 7th year of practice, her experience as a practitioner has shown that health is always present in each person on a deep level, and the work of healing is one of removing blocks and layers that the body and mind has accumulated and are preventing its full expression. Holding space for each person to be fully well, rather than a constellation of symptoms is part of her intention and work. She considers the opportunity to serve others a great joy and honor, and looks forward to working with each client!
For information and scheduling call (215) 680-2362.
Professional Affiliations and Memberships:
- Association for Professional Acupuncture in Pennsylvania (APA)
- The National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
- The Pennsylvania State Board of Medicine
- The Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
Advanced Training and Certifications:
- Heiner Fruehauf, Wang Qingyu, Liu Lihong: Nourishing Life and Studying Classical Chinese Medicine: Qi Gong, Meditation, Chinese Herbal Medicine, and Huangdi Lineage Acupuncture (16 days). PuZhao Zen Buddhist Temple, Mt. QingCheng near Chengdu, China.
- Jeffrey Yuen: Health, Wellness and the Five Channel Systems Using Needles, Touch, Essential Oils and Stones on Acu-points
- Post-Baccalalaureate Certificate in Chinese Herbs (two year program, 210 clinical hours) with Evan Rabinowitz. Areas of specialty focus included pediatrics, oncology, gynecology, gastroenterology, ENT, dermatology, traumatology, and rheumatology.
- Cardiology and Stone Medicine from a Chinese Medical Perspective with Jeffrey Yuen
- Classical Five Element Acupuncture Practitioner Retreat with Debra Kaatz (Cevennes, France)
- Treatment of the Cervical Spine with Kiiko Matsumoto
- Treating Chronic Conditions (with Jue of the Feet) with Kiiko Matsumoto
- Dr. Tan Balance Method for Acute and Chronic Pain – Application for Five Element Practice with Noor Tyme Gigliotti
- Gua Sha for the Treatment of Chronic Pain
- Gynecology and the Treatment of Infertility with Kaiya Larson
- Acupuncture for Facial Rejuvenation and Weight Loss
- The Spirit of the Points of the Twelve Ordinary Acupuncture Meridians with Debra Kaatz
- The Eight Extraordinary Meridians and the Spirit of the Points with Debra Kaatz
- Five Element Clinical Integration, two-year post graduate program with Lonny Jarrett
- The Classics: the Nei Jing Su Wen and the Ling Shu in Practice with Jeffrey Yuen
- Claudia Mayer Cancer Resource Center, Acupuncturist
- Penn North Neighborhood Center, Addictions Recovery Program, Acupuncturist
- Baltimore Bioneers Conference, Event coordinator
- Decisional Training at Greenfield County Jail, counselor
- Service Organizations of Smith College, Board Member, Fund Raiser Committee Chair