Conditions Treated by Acupuncture
Acupuncture Conditions Treated
When it comes to the conditions that acupuncture treats, each treatment builds upon the last. A course of treatment will vary, depending on lifestyle, health history, and how long the imbalance has been present.
Many people respond very quickly to Acupuncture, and find relief in just a few sessions, while others require a longer series of treatment. Overall balance is typically maintained in seasonal or monthly treatments.
Most pain conditions respond best when treatments are given two times per week over a course of a month.
Conditions treated by acupuncture may include the following:
• Headaches and Migraines
• Autoimmune disorders
• Stomach upset and GI health
• Chronic colds, cough, low immunity
• Anxiety and mood imbalances
• Acute and chronic pain
• Processing trauma with a mind/body approach
• Heartburn, Acid Reflux
• Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
• Chronic indigestion
• Chronic loose stools or constipation
• Acute and chronic gastritis
• Morning sickness
• Nausea and vomiting
- Wellness support for caregivers
- Dysmenorrhea (painful period)
- Amenorrhea (absence of period)
- Menopause: hot flashes, night sweats
Pain and Sports Injuries
• Muscle pain
• Back, neck and shoulder pain
• Leg, ankle and foot pain
• Arm, wrist and hand pain
• Knee pain
• Hip pain
• Carpal tunnel syndrome
• Repetitive strain injuries
• Postoperative pain
We recommend an initial visit followed by a series of 5, 10, or 20 visits as needed.
Treatments are cumulative. Most pain conditions respond best when treatments are given two times per week over a course of a month. Once there is measured improvement, treatments may be spaced out to weekly, or every other week.
Many people come to see their acupuncture sessions as “mini-vacations” and choose to come in monthly or seasonally to maintain wellness and relax. Single Sessions and Packages are available at our Main Line Acupuncture Clinic.