Mary Fatimah’s approach is relationship-centered with each patient. Chinese Medicine is predicated on the interconnectedness of the mind and body and treatments often address physical, emotional and mental blockages to health.
MaryFatimah has practiced acupuncture for 9 years, and is licensed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Medicine, and nationally board-certified by the NCCAOM. She holds a B.A. from Smith College, and a Master of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from Maryland University of Integrative Health.
MaryFatimah’s studies with advanced clinicians and scholars in the field of Oriental Medicine such as Heiner Fruehauf, Dr. Jeffrey Yuen and Kiiko Matsumoto continue to inform her clinical practice. In 2017 she studied in China with several classical lineage holders of Chinese Medicine specializing in Acupuncture, herbal medicine, and Daoist self-healing qi gong and meditation.
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
Advanced Training and Certifications
- Heiner Fruehauf, Wang Qingyu, Liu Lihong: Nourishing Life and Studying Classical Chinese Medicine: Qi Gong, Meditation, Chinese Herbal Medicine, and Huangdi Lineage Acupuncture (16 days). PuZhao Zen Buddhist Temple, Mt. QingCheng near Chengdu, China.
- Jeffrey Yuen: Health, Wellness and the Five Channel Systems Using Needles, Touch, Essential Oils and Stones on Acu-points
- Post-Baccalalaureate Certificate in Chinese Herbs (two year program, 210 clinical hours) at Maryland University of Integrative Health. Areas of specialty focus included pediatrics, oncology, gynecology, gastroenterology, ENT, dermatology, traumatology, and rheumatology.
- Cardiology and Stone Medicine from a Chinese Medical Perspective with Jeffrey Yuen
- Classical Five Element Acupuncture Practitioner Retreat with Debra Kaatz (Cevennes, France)
- Treatment of the Cervical Spine with Kiiko Matsumoto
- Treating Chronic Conditions (with Jue of the Feet) with Kiiko Matsumoto
- Dr. Tan Balance Method for Acute and Chronic Pain – Application for Five Element Practice with Noor Tyme Gigliotti
Gua Sha for the Treatment of Chronic Pain
- Gynecology and the Treatment of Infertility with Kaiya Larson
- Acupuncture for Facial Rejuvenation and Weight Loss
- The Spirit of the Points of the Twelve Ordinary Acupuncture Meridians with Debra Kaatz
- The Eight Extraordinary Meridians and the Spirit of the Points with Debra Kaatz
- Five Element Clinical Integration, two-year post graduate program with Lonny Jarrett
- The Classics: the Nei Jing Su Wen and the Ling Shu in Practice with Jeffrey Yuen